Re: non-recursive tracking algorithm (that works)

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 10/13/97

Jeremy Elson writes:
>graphs.  However I think you'll find that on an unweighted directed
>graph (e.g. a MUD world

A correction to my post: a MUD world is actually *weighted* if you
take movement costs into account, but tracking as defined in Circle is
the path that goes through the smallest number of rooms (so we can
think of it as being unweighted) not the path that requires the fewest
movement points.

If it's important to take movement points into account, something else
like Dijkstra's shortest-path algo can be used instead.

-Jeremy