system(buf) question/plee for help

From: Matt Hess (mhess@POWER.DYNASTY.NET)
Date: 10/13/97

I am trying to get an external program to work with the mud online.
it seems however that I am passing wrong arguments through the
system(buf); command..I currently have..

ACMD(do_thingy)
{
  char buf[100];
  one_argument(argument, buf);

  if(!*buf) {
    send_to_char("Usage: command (flag) \r\n", ch);
    return;
  }
    sprintf(buf, "../newmap/cartograph %s %d %s ", CARTO_FILE,
GET_OLC_ZONE(ch), buf);
    mudlog("Initiating cartograph.", BRF, LVL_IMMORT, TRUE);
    system(buf);
    send_to_char("Initiating cartographer...     complete.\r\n", ch);
    sprintf(buf, "mv cartograph/map.wld newmap");
    system(buf);
}

and I am getting->  Error: Illegal default room flag

would someone try and point out what I missed?