[Question] register

From: Rich Chiavaroli (rchiav@FRONTIERNET.NET)
Date: 10/13/97

Some of the snippets and patches I've found define var's as

register int a;

I would guess this places this var directly into a resister for faster
access. Well thats what I remember from assembly on a VAX *shudder*.
Now I would guess a piece of code that overuses this won't be that
effective. Otherwise every var would be placed directly into a register.

Any thoughts on the use of registers, how often to use them, and the most
effective use of them?

Rich