Re: weight

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/15/97

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

-+I'm having a problem with weight, once it goes over 255, it subtracts 255
-+from the weight, but it shouldn't do that, because i upped the variable
-+from sh_int to int, and it seemed to work fine, until you quit and come
-+back in, then it goes back down. I'm thinking somewhere in save_char or
-+reset_char or something it has weight as sh_int still, but I can't find
-+it. Any help would be mucho appreciated. Thanks =)

A short signed int (sh_int) has a limit of somewhere in 32k.  It's
not the variable type that's doing it.  Unsigned characters are
limited to 255.  Check things like char_to_store, store_to_char,
and other places that save data or just do a search for "Weight"
or 255 throughout the whole source...:)

--
Daniel Anton Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:- [Nether]
"Human language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes