Re: intermud Matt Hess at "Oct 15, 97 09:53:11 am"

From: Shadowdancer (sg618lo@UNIDUI.UNI-DUISBURG.DE)
Date: 10/15/97

> The error of..
> Can't bind local mud socket.  Check MUDSOCK_PATH in intermud.h
> has lately been keeping me baffled, any hints/tricks/options that someone
> can suggest?

Change the define in intermud.h - best works with a mudsocket in the /tmp
dir according to my expierence. Try somefin like:
  #define MUDSOCK_PATH "/tmp/mudsocket"

The tmp dir is best imo, because on almost every system everyone has
rwx-rights to it.

- Chris

P.S.: Anyone interested in a version of intermud that:

  a) is independent from a bootmaster host by using a local file of muds
  b) is secure, by recjecting udp-packages from an unknown source

You'd need gcc/g++ and libg++ for it tho!

If so, drop me a mail at: chris@rom.mud.de

| Christian Loth                      | Meet me as the Shadowdancer in the   |
| Shadowdancer@unidui.uni-duisburg.de | REALM OF MAGIC                       |
| http://www.geocities.com/Area51/    | telnet realm.zfn.uni-bremen.de 4000  |
|        Cavern/4593                  | http://realm.zfn.uni-bremen.de/      |
|               "The road goes ever on and on!" - Bilbo Baggins              |