Re: Jesus walked on water... <Pine.LNX.3.96.971015172357.4939A-100000@dragon.ham.muohio.edu>

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 10/15/97

>Hmm...after reading this I came up with a preliminary approach to fix this.
>I have compiled (but not run) with this patch and am looking mostly for
>comments on the approach and not the implementation.  Basically, any gold
>dropped in water is lost.  Anything that weighs > 0 dropped in water is
>lost.

If I'm on a boat, and I drop something, I would expect it to drop in
the boat -- not in the water.  Unfortunately this is beyond the
capabilities of Circle because objects can't go into other objects --
they can only be in your inventory or on the ground.  As bad as it is
for objects to be able to "sit" on water (the current situation), I
think having people lose objects that they drop is even worse.