Re: bpl12 Suggestion (corpse rot)

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 10/18/97

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, John Evans wrote:
>
> -+When a corpse rots do the following:
> -+If a mob corpse: extract all the contents of the corpse.
> -+If a player corpse: Dump all contents to the ground.
> -+
> I don't know about that.  Perhaps give each item from the mob's
> corpse a timer so it will expire a little after the corpse does;
> but don't do it right as the corpse rots.  Newbies often don't
> realize the ability to "get" from a corpse until a bit after
> they've explored.  Remember the first time you did a "get all
> corpse"?  It seemed like a strange concept to be getting objects
> FROM a corpse as if it were a container.

I found that a bit strange as well, but when you're a newbie, the goods
that you're getting from the corpse really aren't all that important
(other than the gold). So long as the imm has setup newbie stuff for
people to start with, the leather bracer in the corpse isn't too vital.

I don't remember what the stock time is on corpse-rot, but for me it's 5
ticks. Five minutes should be plenty of time for someone to get the stuff
from the corpse before it gets extracted.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.