Re: Extraction Crash

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/20/97

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Edward Glamkowski wrote:

-+There was quite a bit of discussion a long time ago
-+about using <struct>->next in loop conditions.
-+If I remember correctly, it could all be summarized with:
-+don't do it.

There was?  And what was the reasoning?

  while (temp && temp->next && (temp->next != obj)) {
    .
    .
    .
  }

is perfectly valid code.

--
Daniel Anton Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:- [Nether]
"Human language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes