Re: Hi All.. I'm glad this list exists!

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/20/97

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Iceblade wrote:

>Seems that NO other large patches I have tried function properly after
>that, errors are usually in olc.c. Perhaps someone could tell me what

That's because OasisOLC totally replaces olc.c, hence, there is nothing
in the patch that can affect the new one.  Typically you will find that the
more patches you put in, the more they fail.  By hand is the best way.

>order these patches should be applied? The combo3.pacth Failed miserably,
>but I would prefer to installl them by hand one at a time so i can test,
>debug and modify to suit.

I think the best thing for any patch would be to do it by hand.

>up to current specs, I will begin adding all the mods I have written for
>the last 10 years.. Thankfully I wrote most of them for some version of
>the original DIKU. I would be happy to share all of them with Any
>CircleMUD admins that want them..

Something along the lines of patches against stock code would be helpful.
Or just give me the ideas (and optionally the code) and I can make them
available.