[CODE]

From: Jon Ridgwell (j.ridgwell@VIRGIN.NET)
Date: 10/22/97

Hi,
    I'm having a little trouble with some code. It is a small routine to
do a right shift on a
string of characters and return the new string. It works fine when it is
called from
perform_tell. However when I try do use it in ACMD(do_say) it modifies
the string which
is passed in. The call looks like this garble_string(argument,
LANGUAGE), where
argument is the string to be modified and LANGUAGE is the value to right
shift by
(between 1 and 26).
    The code modifies the string correctly, including wrapping when it
reaches z in upper or
lower case. I think I'm missing something simple, but I can't for the
life of me figure out
what it is.

Jon.