[Question][Code]Read Board messages

From: Michael Simons (s0004589@MONTEAGLE.NIAGARA.EDU)
Date: 10/23/97

I've got a problem with my boards.  For some reason I can read the boards,
but I can't read the messages.  The following is what happens when I try.

> read board
This is a bulletin board.  Usage: READ/REMOVE <messg #>, WRITE <header>.
You will need to look at the board to save your message.
There are 8 messages on the board.
1 : Mon Sep 22 (Rystan):: hey there guys....
2 : Tue Sep 23 (Rystan)  :: okay new stuff
3 : Tue Sep 23 (Rystan)  :: more stuff
4 : Wed Sep 24 (Rystan)  :: stuff
5 : Wed Sep 24 (Rystan)  :: races
6 : Wed Sep 24 (Rystan)  :: races cont.
7 : Thu Sep 25 (Rystan)  :: added
8 : Sat Oct 11 (Uziel)  :: Test
> read 1
You do not see that here.

Any clues as to how to fix it or where to look to solve the problem??

Thanks in advance
Mike