Re: Titles

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/29/97

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, John Evans wrote:

>Well... Those get on my friggin nerves. If you want to know if a patch
>exists, then check the FAQ. It points to the main circle site and Alex's
>main Circle site. Those sites point to all known Circle support web sites
>and ftp sites. If you don't find it at any of the above.... To F'in Bad. You
>have to write it yourself. Hope your fingers don't cramp from typing more
>than:
>patch < filename.patch

I once toyed with the idea of making the patches I made fail on purpose so
people would have to hand patch it.  I finally decided that those people
who do patches will eventually fail because patches conflict anyway and
then they'll have no experience to fix it.  Those who patch it by hand may
actually learn what is going on and they might even find a bug in the patch
they are applying...who knows?