Re: [CODE RELEASE] Circle 3.0 beta patchlevel 12

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/29/97

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

>If Jeremy ever accurately announces the "last bpl before 3.1" I

At least he's honest in saying he might have it released that night...

>would shoot myself in the foot with a crossbow.  Anyways, if George

ow.

>is integrating his patches into bpl13, then he won't have that

Some of them, only bug fixes or pseudo-bug fixes. (ex: Logging to a file.)

>many to convert after it is released.  So why not update them for
>bpl12, now, if he won't have to update them (all or some?) in the
>future?

Gives me something to do anyway.

>BTW, kudos to George and the rest of the active intelligence on the
>CircleMUD mailing list; they have probably spotted more bugs in
>CircleMUD bpl11 in the past few weeks than have been reported for
>the majority of patchlevel 11's "shelf life".  (by "active
>intelligence" I meant people that contribute intelligently to the
>list).

One thing I would like to ask here, would anyone else be interested in
maintaining OasisOLC after I release a v2.0? I'm not saying I quit but I
want to make sure that if I get too busy there is someone who can take
over unlike last time...

So long as there is interest and I have time, I'll still maintain it.