Re: OasisOLCv1.5 (Netscape download instructions)

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 10/31/97

On Thursday, October 30, 1997 9:46 PM, John Evans [SMTP:evansj@HI-LINE.NET]
wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, SJM wrote:
>
> > Hello.  I have been having troubles getting OasisOLC to patch...  I have
> > tried applying the patch to stock circle bpl11 code on 3 unix systems.
> >
> > I tried patching OasisOLCv1.5.patch on stock code from Digital Unix and
> > HP-UX and they both said it could not find a patch in that file (it was
> > the right file, I checked)
>
> Looks like the patch is corrupted. If you downloaded it with Netscape,
> trash the file (not Netscape, the patch! :) ), and download it with MSIE,
> or FTP. Seems that Netscape dislikes George's web server or something.
> *shrug*

Right click. Select save as. It will transfer correctly.

Clearly documented.. but who reads docs anymore?

BTW .. it's been this way since Navigator 2.xx.

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks