Re: [ADMIN] Memory a Mud takes up

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/31/97

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Sean Butler wrote:

->        The mud I am working on currently uses about 15-17meg, however,
->        it has a reasonably large wilderness.  One thing that no one
->        offered as a way to cut down on some of the overhead is to compile
->        the mud without the -g option (debugging info).  This will reduce
->        the amount of memory it consumes to some degree.

Uhm, probably because that'll alter the size it is using on disk, not
in memory...That's my guess, anyway.  (HMmm, still no
trick-or-treaters.  That's the joy of living next to a street with few
street lights and fast moving vehicles, I eat all of the Halloween
candy myself).

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com