Re: [INFO NEEDED][SEMI-CODE] Event based queue

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/31/97

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Doppleganger Software wrote:

->  <<time_data>> time_of_event_to_occur;

The easiest way would be to just make it an integer and have
heartbeat() update the counter every second (or however slow/fast you
want it updated).

->    if (<<incoming->time_of_event is before test->time_of_event>>)

...which would make this a simple, "if (incoming->time <= test->time)"

->    if (<<test->time_of_event is equal or before current_time>>) {

and this would be changed to, "if (!(--test->time))"

Yes, it's a very basic solution, but it works, it's simple, and
trivial to implement (then again, I seem to call a lot of stuff
"trivial" without ever checking if they are, in fact, trivial to code;
but it seems fairly simple [to me], so this might actually be
trivial).

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com