Re: deleting world files w/t oasis

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/01/97

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Blake Sanderson wrote:

> Currently my mud staff is having to build new world files other than that
> on built into circle by reediting each room of an area to the desired
> settings.
> However this is very tideous work.  Does anyone know how we can delete all
> the world files that come with the mud and remove the guilds which are
> built into the mud and link to the zones.  Is there a specific command with
> oasis?

Do delete a zone, you have to have shell access. There is no such thing as:
zone delete 30

To delete zone 30 rm the following files:
lib/world/obj/30.obj
lib/world/wld/30.wld
lib/world/mob/30.mob
lib/world/zon/30.zon
lib/world/shp/30.shp

There is also a file in each of the above directories called 'index'.
Remove references to the deleted files in index and it would be a good
idea to do the same in index.mini.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.