Re: Hacker MUDSTEALER ALERT

From: Midnight Man (Robert.Kowalewski@RZ.RUHR-UNI-BOCHUM.DE)
Date: 11/02/97

Daniel Koepke wrote:

Hello,

I am new to this list, but looking at this is like a flash from the
past..

> On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Chris Hallam wrote:
>
> ->There is a mudstealer who goes by the name of quinn and is from
> ->bctel.ca as well as nbumerous other sites.
>
> Why would you let a complete stranger have access to your MUD?  And,
> why would someone want to steal your MUD if you let a complete
> stranger have access to it?

We had on our MUD problems with this person too. Well, to explain the
WHY, lies sure beyond my level of information, but imagine that : You
have someone in your Imm staff, who is a good coder, allright.. You have
to go away over the summer (courses at some place, learning, or simply
vacation), and you think it might be a good idea to have him help out,
since he is pretty good. Just an idea.. *sigh*

BUt the name Quinn sure does ring a bell here. Just be careful to whom
you give your coding, even if this person is extraordinarily good.

RK