Re: [Newbie] who list on an alternate port...

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/03/97

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, El Diablo wrote:

->I am wondering how hard it would be to have the mud listen on a
->second port, and upon connection, simply dump a who list (that a
->level one would see) and disconnect.
->
->FieryMud.org (4000 for MUD, 4001 for who list) is the only MUD I've
->seen this on, and I'd like to add it to my CircleMUD.
->
->Any suggestions?

It's actually not difficult at all.  There are several approaches to
this you can take, though.  First, you can have the main Circle
process open a socket and write out the who list to 4001.  On the
other hand, you can just have the main Circle process periodically
write out a file that contains the who data in proper format and have
something like 'sign' (included with Circle in the utils directory,
I think) write it out...:)

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com