Re: Hacker MUDSTEALER ALERT

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 11/03/97

On 11/3/97 7:36 PM, Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM) stated:

>BTW, on the manhole thing, saying, "so they won't fall through," is
>kindof dumb.  I would think they're round because manholes are round.

Its true though.  A square manhole cover can be turned sideways, such as
that it is perpendicular to the manhole, then rotated 45 degrees so that
its corners touch two corners of the manhole opposite each other.

However, a round cover can not fit through a manhole, since it is always
wider than any diameter of the manhole itself (which are all the same, of
course).

- Chris Jacobson