obj_mail.diff

From: Benjamin Draper (satrycus@DRACHENBURG.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: 11/04/97

I have recently started to 'modify', some of the patches I have
installed
on my MUD. One of which is Daniel Koepke's 'obj_mail.diff'. The MUDmail
patch is indeed extremely useful without other modifications, however
only the VNUM of the object is placed in the mail header.
  This is fine if you're not changing the objects from their prototypes,
but with object damages and spells cast upon weapons, one is presented
with
a problem. No letter bombs with live grenades either.
   A player has a damaged object? Simply mail a friend and hey presto
it's
repaired free of charge! So does anybody have any suggestions as to
adding
the whole object to the mail header, or perhaps a rent type file
attached
to it? I have found difficulty in sending objects in containers by
modifying the mail header.
   Please note! This is not a flame aimed at Mr. Koepke, as I am indebt
to his many patches, this is rather a problem with my meagre knowledge
of C. My MUD is also Windows 95 (sorry) and I'm using MSVC4 if that's
any
help. It's also bpl11, and heavily modified (I mean it! I really do).
 If anyone is interested I will post what code I have managed to the
list for flames, comments and dissection.

BEN