Re: Suggestions

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/04/97

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Edward Glamkowski wrote:

>>Another idea I had for world files, don't save as numbers (which causes
>>problems when you change #define's) but as strings so that you save the
>>value in constants.c and can renumber to your hearts content.  Then who
>>cares about bitvectors and everything else, they can be handle
>>transparently by a converter.
>
>Or, use bitfields!
>That would require an awful lot of change, but the
>potential for unlimited flags is very tempting :)

You still can't rearrange values your way.  My method converts strings to
bitfields/bitvectors and doesn't care if you decide to reorder everything
inside the bitfield. (1010 and 0101.) It'd be slower, but allow rearranging
of EQ positions MUCH easier for example.  Not that I've done anything past
the idea stage on it.