Re: [Idea] Shopkeepers

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/05/97

I like this thread here. I myself liked the mention of being a blacksmith
(*below*), and am actually adding the commoner class who will have create
weapon/armor,repair, and enhance weapon/armor along with restringing.
(*Yes, several more patches from me are in the works :)*)

Am thinking of doing the below, just make it a house and the person has to
be the owner of the house.

At 09:35 AM 11/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:55:08 +0100 Gerhard POUL
><gpoul@IDEFIX.HTL-TEX.AC.AT> writes:
>>Hi,
>>
>>what are you thinking about the idea that MUDders can make the jobs of
>>pcs??
>>
>>Maybe they can buy Shops and sell items there, or be a butcher, or
>>killers, or so....
>
>  Sounds kind of like Ultima Online(tm), a good idea still. I think it
>would be fun to play a Blacksmith and have pc's come to me for their
>weaponry and the like.
>
>>it would be also cool if you can give people general rights so that
>EVERYONE can modify his own rooms with the redit command (ONLY the
>description and flags)... I'm thinking about paying an amount of gold so
>they can change it...
>>
>>What are you thinking about these 2 ideas??
>>

>  That would add to the areas a bit, by allowing other people to do it,
>you get some free time to do other things, like improving your
>code/zones.
>  You'd have to have it check some flags so that others can't just run in
>and change other people's rooms tho.
>
>Lord Chaos
>
>Ideas are great, but coming up with new ones is a tedious task.

Ain't they, tho?

        .--.        .-----------       StormeRider
       // / \  __  /    ------        winds@ici.net
     //// /// '~ (    ---         CircleMUD 3.0bpl11
    // /  // :    ; ---              cmoo.com:4004
           //..\\       http://members.tripod.com/~WindsOfStorm
           UU   UU
           '//||\\`