POLYMORPH (was Re: [CoreDump] [HELP!!] TEDIT)

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 11/07/97

>     ObCircle: I was thinking about a polymorph spell, what problems can
>     people forsee with placing the char's body in a holding cell, and
>     moving their desc to a mob? on top of this, keeping the player
>     specials.

heeheeeeee, i LOVE this!  I have just recently downloaded a copy of
SMAUG codebase, and was thinking of converting their polymorph spell
(yes i know it'll work) to  CircleMUD.

of course, this'll require either 1) a slight change to the spell_parser
to also send a text field, or 2) sending the mob created as one of the
char_data structures(not feasible in my mind), or 3) making it a skill,
which would solve both problems :-P  (of course i wanna get the spell thing
working first)

i was trying to figure out HOW to send a text field, but i can't find
that control weather snippet (c 'control weather' better  where 'better' is
the textfield)

anyone with insight on this? i'd appreciate it. thanks and i'll let you all
know of my progress.

Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |