Re: help with the define for GET_SAVE

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/07/97

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Rich Chiavaroli wrote:

> > This is located in utils.h.  I tried grep searching for
> > char_specials.saved.apply_saving_throw but it is only in utils.h...  I'm
> > confused on the blah_blah.blah.blah_blah format.
>
> OK.. From what I understand which isn't alot compared to some people on
> here.. this is a linked list. char_specials can be thought of as a table,
> saved is one of the fields and it happens to be another table.
> apply_saving_throw is an array which is in the table saved. The reason

Nope. This isn't a linked list.
char_specials is part of ch's structure.
saved is part of char_specials structure.
etc... etc... etc...

A linked list is something like this:
struct list_of_names {
  char *name;
  struct list_of_names *next;
}

This would mean that a variable would have two parts: The name, and the
pointer that points to the next item in the list.

There are double-linked lists, binary trees, and all sorts of other
nasties like that, but I'll leave it up to your handy (what do you mean
you don't have one handy?!) C book.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.