Re: Circle's net protocol

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 11/10/97

>Uhm, I would wager that less than 25% of users use zMUD.  I think the
>most popular would be telnet, tinyfugue, and tintin in that order.  Of

Even though it's not as good, I'm afraid tintin is far above tinyfugue.  Tf,
although it is by far, superior, is very difficult to learn for non-programmer
types.  Zmud is the "point and click, easy to use" Windows client of choice,
from my experience.  It even comes with all the muds from the mudlists
programmed into it.  Also, Windows users are becoming the dominant force in
mudding, and Zmud is the most popular native mud client.  I would estimate about
40% using Zmud, 40% using any other mud client(tintin being dominant in this
group), and about 20% using raw telnet.

Ron