Re: POLYMORPH

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/11/97

At 12:55 AM 11/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> of course, this'll require either 1) a slight change to the spell_parser
>> to also send a text field, or 2) sending the mob created as one of the
>> char_data structures(not feasible in my mind), or 3) making it a skill,
>> which would solve both problems :-P  (of course i wanna get the spell thing
>> working first)
>
>prolly a better way would be to make it a command..ie, "morph tiger" to
>change into a tiger..then you could write one function that would take
>care of parsing the morph command, and doing the appropriate switching
>and moving of bodies, and what have you..

Or if you still want it to be a spell, just do the following. Make a spell
to morph, that will add an AFF_MORPHING to them, then have a command
"morph" that would change them into the morphed mob and remove the
AFF_MORPHING flag as well. It makes things easier and also gives the idea
of the spell is cast, the casters shape is now fluid, and then s/he will
switch shapes.

Just my $.02.

--Stormy.

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/