Re: [ problem? ] Weather...

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/11/97

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

>  Erm, ever since I instralled  John's weather thingie, to 'zonify' weather
> my weather on the mud is weird... It's almost always raining or there are
> always some thunderstorms or something going on... *scratch* It might be
> as well like this before, but I never paid attention on it...

Hrmm.... Stock bpl11 and my weather.patch results in weather patterns of
all ranges. If you're having a problem of it being rainy/thunder all
over, then it's somewhere else.

Check to make sure that your zone_table[X].pressure is allowed to go
below 990. The 'X' of course, is a number/variable that will get the
table to point to a zone. :)

------------- begin capture -------------
[ 3503] The City Entrance [ !MOB ]
   You stand on the outskirts of a large city - Midgaard; the capital of
this land.  The road leads east into the peace and quiet - and dangers -
of the forest; and to the west it becomes the main street of the town;
surrounded by a confusion of shops, bars, and market places.
[ Exits: e w ]

> weather
The sky is rainy and your foot tells you bad weather is due.

[ 3053] Outside The East Gate Of Midgaard [ NOBITS ]
   You are by two small towers that have been built into the city wall and
connected with a footbridge across the heavy wooden gate.  To the east the
plains stretch out in the distance.
[ Exits: e w ]

> weather
The sky is cloudless and your foot tells you bad weather is due.

>  Did anyone else noticed that? I also changed the system time (mud time is
> calculated based on the system time right?) to be somewhere in the july...
> but t didn't helped much... it was the same...

Yes. I think that system time determines what month/time of year it is
and that affects the weather.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.