Re: What in gods name . . .

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 11/15/97

On Saturday, November 15, 1997 11:13 AM, Chuck Reed [SMTP:creed@I-55.COM]
wrote:
> Can anybody tell me what in gods name this means:
>
> make: *** File `act.informative.o' has modification time in the future
> Cause I haven't a clue.

Hm. Common sense tells me that your system clock is telling GCC
that the time is earlier than the file is reporting. Seeing as you
presumably don't have a time machine, then the file date somehow
got mangled or you set your clock back or something.

edit the file and save it to set it's time back to right now.
then recompile.

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks