Re: Passwords

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/16/97

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Rasdan wrote:

->Yeah, remove all reference to CRYPT in the password login sequence.
->I did this because I had several requests from people who (gasp)
->forgot their password and wanted me to change it. With no recourse
->available to me to do so, I removed the encryption from it and now,
->although I could see people's passwords if I wanted to, I can also
->change their password if they so desire.

You can't unencrypt passwords.  You can remove encryption from all
future passwords (not a good idea if players already exist), but
encrypted passwords will always remain encrypted.  And, of course,
there are tons of ways to change a players password, FYI: 'set' is
one.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com