Idle/Room Rnum's

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@BELLATLANTIC.NET)
Date: 11/19/97

        Strangest thing,

        Found that users when going idle, were not being pulled into the
void.  They were being transported to the river, and promptly drowning ;)

        In limits.c, it uses Rnum's 1 and 3 once they idle.  On my mud, the
void is Rnum0.  Rnum's 1 and 3 are rooms 900 and 902 respectably.

        I doubt George would have played a cruel joke, and patched this to
occur in limits.c with his object sinking patch.  So the questions are...

        1/  Can room Rnum's change out of the blue?  Olc, maybe?
        2/  Can I safely change the char_to_room(ch, 1) to rnum 0?
            (Maybe even change the code in limits.c to pull the rnum of
             the void from the vnum, so it doesn't occur again)
        3/  Where is the real Rnum 3 and what is it's purpose in terms of
            idling?

-jac
ButterMud - telnet://betterbox.net:4000