Re: RP: founding new towns

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/20/97

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, John Evans wrote:

->On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Patrik Janczyk wrote:
->
->> We were thinking of IMPing the ability for players to
->> found new cities, without involving the IMPs to much
->> (our idea is based on that no IMMs exits in the world).
->
->Midevia has done something like this, but it does involve immortal
->interaction. The exact details I'm not sure of because I only played on
->that MUD briefly. You might want to check them out at:

On second thought: don't.  Not to start a Medievia vs. the World
thread, but they openly admit to having started out using DIKU code,
and they are now blatantly ignoring the wishes of the license.
Whether or not they "rewrote" all or most of the code is completely
insignifigant.

Unless Medievia has changed--and I doubt it--I would not recommend
stopping in to see it.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com