Re: Compile woes <3475A9F9.72EE83D1@ces.com>

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 11/21/97

Rick Gibson writes:
>I downloaded a copy of bl12. Ran the configure and tried the make.  I'm runnin
>on a HP/UX 10.20 box
>using the cc complier that's on the system not sure what version it is. anyway
>get this list of errors.
>Starting with the structs.h file...it looks like it doesn't like the typedef's
>?
>ok well, there you have it. not much info but i know you guys can figure it ou
>t.

>cc: "utils.h", line 19: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
>cc: "utils.h", line 20: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
>cc: "utils.h", line 21: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
[...]

You need a compiler that can compile ANSI C.  Chances are your
system's cc compiler can if you give it some option (such as -ccansi,
-xansi, or something) -- check the man page of your compiler for
details.  If the man page doesn't talk about any options to put the
compiler into ANSI C mode, download and compile gcc (if you have
enough time and space).