Re: adding new levels gone off topic, and onto flaming

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 11/21/97

I've tinkered with the material item myself, and found I wanted a lot
more materials available than a bitvector could hold :P
I ended up using bitfields (but then, I use bitfields for everything! :)

With integers, you could always just add a new integer:
"Steel and wood", which would work as well as steel | wood.
You would just have to be careful about updating everything to
account for the new integer.  So, you might have an IS_STEEL(obj)
macro which would have to be added to if you added a new "steel and
xentronium" integer.
Not as convenient in that sense, but the unlimited material types
should more than offset any such inconvenience.