Re: Silence

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/23/97

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Thibor wrote:

> Implemented a silence spell, or a 10 tick magic block if you will.
> Kinda long and I'm not sure everyone would care for it, so if you
> want it send me a private email and I'll be more than happy to send

I haven't seen the code, but something that I missed when coding silence
and something that I've seen on three or four other MUD was when silenced
a player could still do:
emote says, 'Hi.'

I had to code in the block for emote as well as the rest of the comm
channels. I hated doing it, but I had to to keep players from "cheating".

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.