[CODE] [NEWBIE] loading objects

From: dmodem (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 11/23/97

I have been do quite a few changes to my MUD lately.  But I seem to be
stuck on getting information from objects...I have looked at the code is
this is basically all I could find.  here is what I am doing:

struct obj_data *objections

/* here is where I'm having trouble.  could I use
 * objections = GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 0);
 * and the obj is (obviously) an object.  GET_OBJ_VAL(obj, 0) is the vnum
of another
 * object.  I need to get it's short description and display it now.
 */

sprintf(buf, "Here T'is: %s", objections->short_description);
send_to_char(ch, buf); /* I hope that is the correct order....... */

<---END CODE HERE

Also I want to check someone's inventory for this item (the one that is
objections) and if they have one I want to take it away from them.  Not
sure how to search through someone's inventory to find this item but I can
easily find the code to take it from them (in fact I already did).  also
since obj is a weapon I want to have it do jack f'ing squat for damage if
objections is not in their inventory.  This really isn't much of a C thing
as a Circle thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I might not even mind some flames
(but the rest of the list will so take valium and chill).