Re: To HEDIT Author

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 11/23/97

> Anyways, actually id thought that hedit should be perhaps modified to act
> like people expected it to, rather then remove the keyword menu entry.
>
> That is, when i first saw that, i thought i was supposed to type in my
> keyword list under that entry. And that after i filled in the 'usage'
> message in the body of the help, both parts would be concatenated
> together into an entry to be written out.

that was kind of my intention from the beginning, but as i wrote it, i
ran into a problem...this is because the keywords, and the hlp table come
from the entry...what i mean is...on boot it reads the entry, then takes
the first line and uses it as the keywords..i didn't want to modify the
help system too much and it didn't really seem to be that big of a deal
to write the ketwords at the top of the help entry..other considerations
that made me decide to make the editor less "smart" was that i wanted to
keep multiple keywords per entry with only one entry in the file..this
was a little more tricky than it sounds..it works flawlessly for me, and
as long as you are aware of the fact that you have to write the entry
just as you would if you were manually editing the file (ie with the
keywords in caps on the first line) it should work flawlessly for you too..

if anyone wants to take and modify what i've done, be my guest, but just
make sure that you share it with this list...i think that an online help
editor is a very needed thing, and the lack of one publicly available is
the main reason that i released it to the list..

and as always, if you have any problems with hedit you can private email
me, and i'll help you out as best i can...if you're having trouble
integrating it with aedit, i'll send you my olc.c file for reference..

siv