Re: NEWBIE: CODE: implementing things into circle30 patch level 11

From: Leonardo Herrera L. (leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET)
Date: 11/26/97

Bart Testing wrote:
>  i got the races.doc and the classes.doc from the
>  ftp site ftp.circlemud.org
>  i followed these till the latest bit
>  and it only got me a couple off hundred errors
> i am not a newbie to coding so i checked for all parse errors and stuff
> could it be that patch level 11 is a little bit to buggy?
> Or are those files not up to date ?

Hmmm...

From the snippets page:

"Note: Not all of these snippets will work perfectly with your version
of code, so be prepared to fix one or two bugs that may arise,
and please let me know what you needed to do to fix it. Sending a
corrected version is always welcome."

Other thing: you aren't sending nothing about your problem, only asking
a couple of things that are already answered (sp?). Send us more
details, and please, don't ask questions like "is patch level 11 a bit
buggy?".

(This is not a flame, however).

ObCircle:
I have asked a couple of days ago if anybody has done a method to stack
items... not in descriptions (I wrote this myself (sp?)), but in actions
, like "get", "put", etc. I have done "get", "put", with a function that
list the items in a certain format (give as parameter); but the "Drop"
function is a pain! Anybody has done it before? Some clues? (please,
don't gave me directions of buy C books :) )

(I'm tired of say this, I'm newbie to english :D )

--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leherrer@entelchile.net