Re: [CODE] What would cause memmory corruption ?

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 12/01/97

ok, i'll try

>please look at the below two snippets, one called BEFORE and one called
>AFTER (AFTER == NOW ,-) and tell me why the memory was corrupted before,
>but not after the change I made in assign_the_shopkeepers ?
>
>                        ------- BEFORE -------

 . . .
>  for (index = 0; index < top_shop; index++) {
>    /* Fix problem with the shop_keeper spec-proc also being assigned from
>     * the mob files with the 'SpecialProc: shop_keeper' command.
>     * If the shop_keeper proc is already assigned, skip this one.
>     */
>    if (mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func &&
>        mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func == *shop_keeper)
>      continue;
>    if (mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func)
>      SHOP_FUNC(index) = mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func;
  well, i'm assuming it's on this next line.
  if it doesn't have a func pointer (NULL), then you automatically give it
to him,
even if the index is greater than the top_of_mobt.
although that shouldn't happen anyway :-P

shrug, that's my wild guess for the night :-P

>    mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func = shop_keeper;

that may be the reason though :-P

later

Akuma the Raging Coder
(just applied the changes)

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |