[SYSTEM-WIN95] reply about using gnu patch

From: King Mundi (Kingmundi@AOL.COM)
Date: 12/02/97

ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/3.x/
circle30bpl12.zip
http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/OasisOLC/
OasisOLCv1_6-bpl12_patch.gz
unzip this patch to the circle source directory

patch < OasisOLCv1.6-bpl12.patch
okay, the patch file seems to be setup for a linux makefile so it has to be
edited to get it to work for win95 and since if i edit the file one may thing
i have changed it in a way that makes it mess up under win gnu's patch i will
use a simpler patch to demonstrate

http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/
multiple.patch
put this patch in the circle src directory

patch < multiple.patch
Hmm... looks like a unified patch to me...
-------------------------
|diff -upPr -x * .o ../stk/act.item.c ./act.item.c
|--- ../stk/act.item.c Thu Jun 19 00.58.35 1997
|+++ ./act.item.c  Tue Oct 7 17.28.34 1997
-------------------------
Patching file act.item.c using Plan A...
patch: *** unexpected end of file in patch

win32 gnu's patch has done this with every file i have tried to patch

now go to
http://serviceftp.flashnet.it/simtel.net/win95/prog-pre.html
gpatch2b.zip
unzip the patch.exe to the src directory

patch < multiple.patch

and you will see that it succeeds

on another note, my info about compiling circle under borland c++ 5.01did not
get any replies, if anyone has any information concering the errors i listed
there, it would be much appreciated