Re: [CODE] [SPELL] "flesh armor" "halflife" conflict(?) with "heal"

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 12/03/97

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Will Andrews wrote:

>         I am having a little spell trouble. I have added
> 2 spells, "flesh armor", which is a standard mag_affect spell,
> and "halflife" which is an ASPELL(). I added the wear off messages,
> making the flesh armor what it needs to be, and halflife I made:
> "!halflife!". Unfortunately, now, whenever "heal" is casted, it says:
>
> 5000hp 4973mp 5000mv> Alright.
> Nothing happens.
> A warm feeling floods your body.
>
> Now, this ALSO happens to flesh armor, but only when accum_duration is set
> to FALSE! However, it only says "nothing happens" and does the spell
> anyway, with no message. I am quite frankly, boggled. Anyone every have
> this happen to you, or can help?

        I don't know how you have flesh armor setup, but maybe you should
take a look at the help file for heal to see why its saying Nothing
Happens. Heal doesn't just heal HP.

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_