Ban list

From: Mike Carpenter (abram@DELTANET.COM)
Date: 12/04/97

Recently I discovered this little bug and have yet to fix it...however =
maybe this should be something considered to be added to stock code. =20
If you ban someone using their resolved name(IP address) and then switch =
the name server is slow to YES  then when that person you banned tries =
to log in, they CAN.  The ban list appears to check for exact match =
instead of the the resolved or actual IP address.  So in order to fully =
ban someone, it would seem you have to ban the resolved name as well as =
the actual IP addy.  If this is confusing, its because Im not quite sure =
how to word this.  Anyway if you do understand please offer any =
suggestions to a fix.  As I am just now starting to deal with it.
Abram
abram@deltanet.com