Future OasisOLC enhancement

From: Rasmus Ronlev (raro94ab@STUDENT.ECON.CBS.DK)
Date: 12/04/97

Yo,

I was just sitting here and twiddeling my thumbs before I'm heading to
bed, and thought of a possible improvement in Oasis.

Would it not be an idea to make the xxx_save_internally() routines use
realloc() to create it's tables ? This way the mud would not hog up a
great deal (for some muds) deal of memory while it's creating the new
table like it does now. I mean for some muds it might take a couple of
megabytes to add a room to the room structure, since these hog up a lot of
memory. I've experienced the rooms to take up a few megabytes, and as
such, muds that run under memory restrictions would benefit from
facilitating the use of realloc instead of how it is now...

Would there be any drawbacks on this ? I can only think of one, that's the
deletion of rooms/objects/etc. But there's no support for that anyway at
the moment... (This is another idea, that I'm too lazy to start workin on
myself atm.. ,-)

Regards,
Rand

ObCircle ? Nah. This is ObCircle, sort of (=

.d
--
        Rasmus Ronlev DOEK'94           http://www.econ.cbs.dk/~raro94ab
             IT-Advisor               mailto:raro94ab@student.econ.cbs.dk

              B.Sc. Computer Science and Business Administration
          Stud. M.Sc. Computer Science and Business Administration