EQ occupying multiple spaces

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 12/05/97

My next programming task, now that I have integrated Death's Gate
scripts, written a new OLC editor (scriptedit), and modified the existing
OLCs to support scripts, along with other varios features, is to
implement EQ occupying multiple spaces - for example, being flagged
"WEAR_BODY and WEAR_LEGS and WEAR_HEAD" for a spacesuit.

This will require a basic rewrite of all EQ handling code, but I figured
out a way to do it, I think.  I suppose I will just need a bitvector on
the player for what positions are occupied, and when equpping, check
against that.  Then simply use the linked list method for keeping the eq
together, same as ch->carrying is done.

So my question is, has anyone already implemented this, if so, do you
have any recommendations on how to go about it?  Sample code appreciated,
but Im not a begger and have lots of spare time to code (I quit my
Graphics Arts job due to stress, and have enuf in the bank to last me
past christmas even with gifts, so I have plenty of time to code :-)

Cheers!

- Chris Jacobson