[IDEAS][NEWBIE]Immortal interaction within the Game

From: Benjamin Draper (satrycus@DRACHENBURG.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: 12/05/97

Seeing as quite a few posts have been concerned with the interaction
of immortals with mortals, I'd thought I'd ask what everyone else
is doing.

But first here's what I'm doing:
  I am planning a system whereby once reaching immortality, a
character, in order to sustain their immortal status, must regularly
affect events within the mud.
   Basically they enourage mortals to commit good or bad acts, for
which they reward them with minor adjustments to their abilities or
skills (similar to the meta-physician snippet) or a set of objects
they have defined themselves, through limited OLC capabilities.
which they get from killing mobs in zones separated from the main
playing sphere. (note my imm code is slightly different here, before
anybody says 'That's not in stock CircleMUD!').
   This system is designed so that immortals have to play a part in
the game, rather than sitting around invis gossiping and showing
off their new oedited clothes. It's also there so that maybe, just
maybe, some mortals might start roleplaying.

  I've written this down, because I'm interested in what other
systems everyone else is using to keep their low level immortals busy.
Maybe you'll find it useful, maybe not, but there's always 'delete'...

- > Benjamin Draper