[CODE] Making new descripts

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 12/05/97

This is a very detailed letter with the code included.  Be warned, its about
a page long.

Something is wrong in the following code, but I can't see what:

**In structs.h**

struct abil_desc {
   int rnum;
   char *e_desc;
};

**In desc.c (my own)**

char *abil_desc_parse[] =
/********* 0 for room 10000 ******************************/
{"   This is the room that will be used while new zones\r\n
are being made for Dark Horizon.  This is an example\r\n
of the extra descriptions based on ability scores! \r\n
If you are reading this, you have an ability score of\r\n
16 or higher! (If you don't, please report it!)\r\n",

/** This should always go last **/
"\r\n"
};

struct abil_desc *ab_desc = {
/**LINE 26**/  {-1, "\0"}
};

***NOTE****This file gives me the following three errors upon compilation:
desc.c:26: warning: braces around scalar initializer for `ab_desc'
desc.c:26: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
desc.c:26: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer after `ab_desc'

**Line 26 is marked in the included code***********

I get the following debugging info:

look_at_room (ch=0x80f15d0, ignore_brief=0) at act.informative.c:437
437              if(ab_desc[i].rnum == world[ch->in_room].number){

Here is the entire statement:

   for(i=0;i != -1;i++)
         if(ab_desc[i].rnum == world[ch->in_room].number){
            found = TRUE;
            break;
            }

Sorry this is so long, just kinda confusing me.

Chuck