Re: Win95 && Gnu32

From: Aaron Miller (archmage@CRYOGEN.COM)
Date: 12/05/97

<snip>
www.cygnus.com -- You will need Gnu Win 32.. thats it. One big package, 15 megs. It includes almost all of the useful *nix tools (gdb, patch, grep, sed, gcc, make, bla bla bla.... god, it has whoami, for what reason is beyond me, one that doesn't work, at that)
>2.) Does the Gnu32 basically allow for compiling and running circle as if I
>were running say, Linux/Solaris?
Pretty much. Some things are still different, as they are different OSes. It covers everything in the way of headers, though.
>3.) Any exceptional items to note when doing this, like certain things I
>will have to modify to make it run, or things like the Gnu32 patch doesnt
>work as well as another utility out there?
You will have to fool with conf.h as there is no autoconf, and make.exe doesn't seem to work (for me).