[Code] Circle With Gnu 32

From: Aaron Miller (archmage@CRYOGEN.COM)
Date: 12/05/97

Hello everyone, and apologies in advance for all my rather foolish
questions that I seem to spew forth now and then. Anyhow...

I am trying to run CircleMUD Patch level 11 under Windows 95, using Gnu Win 32 (gcc and some other nifty stuff, for a 32 bit os) as my compiler. This is stock code I am trying, btw. Ok, it compilers without any errors whatsoever, warnings, nothing. It boots beautiful, as near as I can tell (scrolls quickly, and I haven't gotten it to redirect to a file as of yet (a very simple thing, I'm sure) nor do I have the time to bother with such things, unfortunately). Then, I go to log in. As it is, I have no characters, so I have not had a chance to try logging in normally. Anyhow, when I go to log in, it will work fine until I first enter my soon-to-be password, then it will crash and it will spew forth (locally):

 (executable path) frame 1 0x# #

Where 1 is from 1 - 15 (separate errors for each one) and the #s are seemingly meaningless numbers. None of the logs help, Argh!