Re: [CODE] Boards be deleting themsleves!

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 12/06/97

> At 05:06 PM 12/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >> I seem to be having a wierd problem.  Three of my board files keep deleting
> >> themselves.  This is a real pain in the ass as no boards will save messages
> >> after a reboot.  Not to mention it bothers the hell out of me.

> Stock board code.  Files are COMPLETELY removed.

        Hmm. Boards are  only removed in two situations, and thats when
the Board_save_board routine is called, and there no messages on it,
according to the num_of_messages array, and in Board_reset_board(), right
at  the end.  Board_reset_board is only called if the board file  is
corrupt or full, you'll get a syslog error.

        I'd recommend looking to make sure that the directory your boards
are in (default it lib/etc) has writable  permissions, otherwise, i'd put
some debugging messages in Board_save_board probably, to see where its
defaulting  to unlinking the file.

        Or, you could install my dynamic boards patch :)  Its at Georges
circle mud site, with a lot of other neat things.

                                        PjD