Virtual Map Gridding...

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 12/06/97

Was thinking today as I took a break from tweaking guild code for stock
circle about the virtual map grid. Basically, when your in a room who's
sector type is a vmap sector, it would show you something like

ggggggggg
ggggggggg
ggggggggg
ggggggggg
gggg*gggg
mgggggggg
mgggggggg
mgggggggg
mgggggggg

You stand in the middle of a grasslands where the wind softly blows through
the amber sheaves of grain. Blah blah blah. etc.

The * is where the character is standing, the g's are other grassland
"rooms" and the m's would be mountain "rooms".

Basically I'm trying to think of how I would go about making the grid and
a) am not sure about how I could do it algorithim wise and b) not sure how
i would do it codewise. Based on the exit code make an algorithim that
checks making a path to every room within the 9x9 square?

Any suggestions appreciated.

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004